Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear God,

Dear God,

I totally forgot about wanting to sedekah on my 21st birthday. But I will, I will! *edit! Already did, yay!

21 things to be thankful for

  1. Family. From my parents to my siblings, grandparents, right to my nieces and nephews. And cucus? I'll be honest; I have wished for some things to be different, but I'm certainly thankful nonetheless. Believe me I am!
  2. Friends. Best friends, close friends, new friends, old friends, childhood friends, used-to-be-very-close friends, Frenemies, ahh what would the world be without them. "Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things" Anon.
  3. My brain and my heart! They balance out my senses (at least I think they do), and it's keeping me alive!
  4. The gift of BOOKS. Gone were the days when 'reading' was just something I would list down as a hobby while filling in kamurang punya "otograf". Books really are presents you can open again and again.
  5. The gift of (as Seha would say) MA-WA-ZA-YAK* or music! 'Nuff said. *MA-WA-ZA-YAK is supposed to be "muzik" spelled in Jawi. This happened I think 6 Years ago during kelas Agama di bengkel!
  6. Colours. What is the world without it?
  7. The beautiful sunrises and sunsets. What can be more beautiful than watching the big ball of fire rise atop Mount Kinabalu and set on the horizon of Tanjung Aru beach. Which also brings me to...
  8. Beaches. Islands and beaches. The sea, islands and beaches. White sand, clear blue sea, islands and beaches. I remember Ustazah saying that if there's one thing that we should praise God for is the Sea and how luas and amazing it is.
  9. BAHASA SABAH! Besa la baitu kan kalau urang Sabah. Best ba! Banyak jenis expression, the word "Bah" itself has plenty of meanings.
  10. Food. Ohehmjee ohehmjee. I find that I live to eat. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you know what I mean.
  11. My height. Okeh I know I'm not tall. And certainly being tall has it's perks - long legs wah so pretty kunun, taller people look nice in dresses, taller people can reach things that shorties can't. But! Un-tall people like me have the chance of making other people look down on you (literally) and shock the tuut out of them. Un-tall people don't look like they're about to tumbang if they wear high heels. Un-tall people are cute. Un-tall people can still think tall. Haha.
  12. My house. I love how close it is to places. Especially the beach. Heh.
  13. Technology! Need I say more?
  14. Times Square. Berjaya Times Square I mean. Sebab... well. Cheapooo clothes?
  15. SEGi University College Kota Damansara (SUCKD). I know it sucks (SUCKD!), but I've learnt plenty and met some pretty people I'm sure I'll never forget!
  16. The Wedding (the novel). That book is just. Oh. I shall read it again and laugh again, and cry again, love again. It's just the sweetest. Please don't turn it into a movie!
  17. Water.
  18. My body size. Although I always bising I cannot cari size baju or jeans. But! I can eat whatever I like. Neh :p I like that I'm small. Small is cute. Kan Pika kaaan?
  19. Bimbo the cat. Oh Bimbo, you so silly and you make me have allergies but I love you so!
  20. Justin Timberlake, Orlando Bloom, Jericho Rosales, Agnes Monica, Hero Jaejoong, Katherine Moennig, Reza/Pierre Andre, Sarah Shahi, Pierce Brosnan (noone is a hotter 007), Brad Pitt, David Beckham. Boleh ka?
  21. Me, my life. :)

Alhamdulillah.

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. i wanted to cry when i read your blogpost! ahaha.. it made me laugh too. So many things to be thankful about. thanks for reminding me of the wonderful things in kk! makes me really feel like dumping my damn worms yang keep dying into the damn soil and just let it RIP. love you! take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cammie: MATSUMOTO!!! :D

    Ayeen: i miss u so! i wish u could dump your worms n soil. I miss you! I love u too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for many things :p

    nice post :D

    ReplyDelete

And you say?