Friday, January 20, 2012

Like Stealing the Idol From the Temple

Temple Run.





I was playing this game for the first time after downloading it earlier this evening, and I don't know how it struck to me as relating this game to actual life.

(Okay, I may have some indirect experience with relating random things with how life is, so...)

The objective of Temple Run is to run as far as you can, avoiding obstacles while collecting coins along the way. You've to make quick decisions to turn precisely at corners, and pick up the pace as you run further and further.

Why is it like life?

Firstly, life is all about moving forward. There's really no turning back. Walk, run, jump, sidestep, everything is about going ahead. Looking back won't change anything. It's what lies ahead that counts.

Secondly, you're never gonna be short of having to make decisions! And every choice you make, it's bound to come with it's share of consequences. Turn left you duck, turn right you leap. Which ever route you take, the choice is yours and it's how you handle what comes your way is what matters most.

Thirdly, make a mistake of hitting something, and the black monkeys come and chase after you. In life, you'll make mistakes, and that is when people will be on your backs trying to push you further down. Give it your all. Outrun them, prove them wrong, and continue forward.

Fourth, we're all chasing after something in this world. Fame, money, happiness, anything. With "anything" comes risk. Take the risk to jump over fire, or slide under a narrow gate. Get too greedy, stray too far, and you may just fall off. But if you don't take the chance and it's your loss. When an opportunity comes, take it - take the risk, but be mindful and cautious.

Fifth, pay full attention to what you care about most. You'll never know, cause anything can happen in a split second! Yeah everything is all forwards, but while on the move you've still got to be careful of what you say and do. Not everything is jumping for coins!

Did I make sense? I think I did. Trust me, this philosophical thingy sounded wayyy better in my head. I like point number three? You? ;) **TTM*

Semester B starts Tuesday at 11. Keen? Sort of, kind of. Seen the assignment brief for Advertising and OH NO not another case study. But I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Something to look forward to every month while I'm here up till June

February: YOU! Can't wait! 12 days to go.
March: All-England Badminton 2012 at Birmingham
April: 2-week Easter Break
May: I turn 23! *gasp!*
June: Pulang ke tanah airku! 2-year mark!

I am currently playing Raisa's album on repeat. There is just something about her voice or her song. Haven't gotten tired of it yet. Songs I love, Could it Be, Apalah (Arti Menunggu), Terjebak Nostalgia, and Serba Salah.

I wonder if I suggest a song to anybody and when they listen to it they go "This song's so Hana". Ada kah?

Eeyeah. Okay.


Because I can.

Have a good weekend everyone. Bye!

* TTM = Tidak Tahu Malu

1 comment:

And you say?